Ningaloo Reef Whale Shark Quest
Runs from mid March to mid August
If you have always wanted to spot one of the biggest & rarest fish in the world in their own habitat, the Ningaloo Reef Whale Shark Quest is ideal for you.
Whale Sharks have been travelling and inhabiting the world’s oceans for around 16 million years. Departing from Exmouth in Western Australia, you have the chance to observe & swim with these beautiful creatures on Ningaloo Reef!
Ningaloo Reef is a beautiful World Heritage-listed reef with exquisite clear blue waters.
Whale Sharks can dive depths of up to 1500m, however, they are more commonly found roaming the surface of the waters.
The gentle giants of the deep blue visit here whilst coral spawning is in occurrence, travelling around 3 to 5 kilometres an hour!
Your day on the Ningaloo Reef Whale Shark Quest will begin with an early morning transfer from your accommodation in Exmouth to the Tantabiddi Boat Ramp.
This is where you will meet the crew and board Latitude 22, the modern 20 metre vessel that you will be travelling on.
On board, you will be seated in a well-equipped vessel featuring comfortable seating and also a large, shaded deck area.
Latitude 22 also features a water level marlin board, providing the safest and easiest entries & exits from the water.
Another amazing luxury of the Ningaloo Reef Whale Shark Quest is the exclusive spotter aircraft, used to spot Whale Sharks from the air! This feature is designed to maximize your swimming time with the gentle giants.
Whilst in the water, you will have a qualified snorkel guide accompanying you in the water, as well as a professional photographer by your side to capture the magical moments.
At the end of the day, you will be gifted with a complimentary DVD of your adventurous day.
Also throughout the day, you will have the chance to snorkel at the Ningaloo Marine Park, a World Heritage listed area with various coral sites & a bountiful range of marine life to see.
- Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, cold beverages, teas, coffees & water
- Exclusive spotter aircraft to search the reef for Whale Sharks
- Photo DVD/CD of your day
- Wetsuits, fins, snorkel & masks
- Bus transfers to & from your hotel
- Latitude 22 is licensed to carry 48 day passengers to 100nm and 10 live aboard passengers to 200nm
- One toilet/bathroom onboard
- 3 fridges and two freezers
- Latitude 22 has a very large deck area with a canopy covering 80% of the deck area, which means lots of shade for those long sunny days and also curtains that can enclose the entire deck area if the weather is bad
- Air Conditioning in the Wheel House, Galley and Accommodation area
- Stereo system built into the vessel with wireless connectivity
- Instant Boiling and Cold water system and a large outdoor kitchen
- Marlin board that provides the easiest and safest entry and exit out of the water from spacious marlin board, which is water level with a ladder
- Two showers one in the bathroom and one on the back deck
For the adventure of a lifetime, join us on the Ningaloo Reef Whale Shark Quest!